Open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Few destinations offer the photographic opportunities that you will find here on Bonaire. With our incredible visibility, abundant fish life and healthy reef system, wide angle opportunities are naturally abound. But it is the bounty of macro life visible both day and night, that truly sets us apart. Not surprising, visitors to the island have regularly named Bonaire one of the top 5 macro life destinations in Scuba Diving Magazine’s annual Readers Survey.
Photography friendly resort
Our dive boats offer fresh water rinse buckets. Back at the dock, we have designated camera rinse tanks to allow for proper soaking after your dive. There is also a designated camera rinse tank at the drive-thru air and Nitrox fill station.
Buddy Dive’s digital photo service, located at the retail shop, has a variety of services to offer to divers who want to take advantage of Bonaire’s photographic opportunities.
Digital camera equipment for rent
Point and shoot digital systems to meet the needs of a diver new to u/w photography, excellent for scuba diving, snorkeling or virtually any outdoor activity. Every rental includes download of your images to your USB stick. You can also bring your laptop to the photo service center and make your download directly to your computer.
We have one day (24 hours) rentals and multiple day rental packages available.*
Digital Underwater Photography Instructions
- Half day class with a point & shoot system (1 classroom session, 1 one hour guided dive, use of digital camera system).
- Underwater Video Class (2 classroom sessions, 1 one hour guided dive, use of video system).
- PADI U/W Digital Photographer Specialty Course (includes manual, 3 hours instruction, 2 one hour guided dives, use of digital camera system). PADI PIC to be purchased in the dive shop.
- PADI U/W Videographer Specialty Course (2 classroom sessions, 2 one hour guided dives, use of video camera). PADI PIC to be purchased in the dive shop.
- 3 day Masters Underwater Digital Photo Class (3 classroom sessions)
- Classroom Topic 1 – Diving with a Digital Camera with emphasis on Basic Camera Settings, Maintenance, Approaching fish.
- Classroom Topic 2 – Macro and closeup photography.
3 one hour guided dives (1st guided dive mandatory, assignments on other photo dives may be completed without photo guide. This allows maximum flexibility for our guest’s diving schedule).
- Each course of instruction includes your images downloaded to a USB.
- Customized intermediate and advanced photo coaching. Instructions and photo assignments are specifically designed for you and your camera system. Coaching sessions can address diverse techniques such as macro, wide angle, lighting techniques or specific issues that you may have.
These brief and economical sessions can address:
- Advice on how to set up and use your new u/w digital camera.
- Troubleshooting your system.
- Tips to improve your photo results.
If during your visit you have any pictures you are particularly proud of, we would be more than happy to include them in our Gallery for all to see! Just send them to email@example.com along with any information you want to share, such as where and when the shot was taken, and we’ll do our best to include it on our website or social networks!